Held in Macao by the Macao Institute for Tourism Studies (IFTM), the “Tourism Education Student Summit” event is regularly attended by the relevant government departments, key tourism, and hospitality stakeholders as well as tourism and hospitality academics of Macao and throughout the Greater Bay Area (GBA) region. Please visit https://www2.ift.edu.mo/ted/ for more event details.
In view of the gradual reopening of the borders, this year this annual event will be held on 7 June 2023 (Webdnesday) at the Londoner Macao. Undergraduate students, in their final year of study, completing an individual research thesis/dissertation in any of the following areas are welcome to submit their completed research study (full paper) for review on or before 28 April 2023 (Friday):
Tourism management / Hospitality management / Tourism retail & marketing management / Tourism event management / (Cultural) Heritage management / General management related to hospitality & tourism
A successful entry is expected to demonstrate all of the following characteristics:
- A research thesis/dissertation written in English, which addresses one of the general topic areas submitted in advance of the deadline (Note: to be presented in English, if accepted)
- A full-paper scope of approximately 7,000-10,000 words excluding references (to undergo review)
- Individual student authorship
- An original work, not previously submitted for publication or published
- The generation of less than 20% similarity by Turnitin
- The accompaniment of a signed Ethical Declaration form (pro-forma to be given upon request for submission access key)
- If selected, presenters will be asked to submit an extended abstract to be published in the Tourism Education Student Summit 2023 e-Proceedings (refer to previous ISSN Proceedings https://www.iftm.edu.mo/publication/eProceedings/2022/mobile/index.html#p=1)
The organiser is reserving a quota of 10 places for top scoring Greater Bay Area undergraduates whose submissions will undergo a double-blind review process. Selected presenters will have the option of participating either physically or virtually. If you are interested in participating the event, please contact the Thesis/Project Admin (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain a login access key to enter the site to submit the research file.
- Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone no.: +853 85981474